I will be resuming regular posts on this blog later this week. Meanwhile, the following are some links which readers may find useful.
1. The latest digest of cases prepared by ITAT Online (August 2010) is available here.
2. The judgment of the Supreme Court in Techno Shares, on the issue of whether stock exchange membership cards are eligible for depreciation, is available on the ITAT Online website along with a summary of the decision. A note on the decision from the Indian Corporate Law Blog is available here.
3. The judgment of the Supreme Court in GE India Technology Centre, reversing judgment of the Karnataka High Court in Samsung (on the issue of whether chargeability is essential for
TDS obligations u/s 195) is available here. I had previously discussed the decision of the Karnataka High Court here; and had discussed how this ruling was not in accordance with the decision in Transmission Corporation here.
4. The Indian Corporate Law blog has this interesting note on a recent decision of the Bombay High Court in Thyssen Kruup v. SD Industries, on the appointment of arbitrators u/s 11 of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996.
5. A recent decision of the England & Wales High Court, Brandeaux Advisors v. Chadwick, highlighting some recent cases on the concept of repudiatory breach is available here.